Monday, April 13, 2009

Bust That Stash!

I taught a private lesson in my home on Saturday to Jackson Dunlop. She asked me the simple question of, "Have you ever used two different colours of wire in the same necklace?" Well, no I hadn't, was my answer then, but no more. Using beads from my significant stash and Turquoise and Orange 26 gauge Artistic Wire I created the necklace you see before - Sante Fe Ole! It was fun to make and totally random in terms of the placement of the beads - ok - except for those 5 minty coloured flowers.
I used lampworked beads instead of cones to finish off the necklace. The lampwork beads came from Dawn Masters - Silver Dawn Jewels. She sits beside me at the vendor's tables at the TBS meetings. It's very hard to resist buying beads from her - as they are $2 a strand!!


Hope you all had a fabulous Easter. We went to my sister-in-laws, Vicki's in Courtice. It was a really great time - especially as I got to meet my new niece Naomie for the first time and to see her big sister Mallorie walking!
Off to create some more!!!!

1 comment:

  1. You just reminded me about that one. I still love it. You should be wearing that to all your shows, you'd have people signing up for classes in droves.

    ReplyDelete