Monday, January 25, 2010

Tiddlywinks


While I was teaching my class on Saturday, I happened to mention Tiddlywinks. I was surprised that one lady did not know what this was.

Tiddlywinks is an indoor game played with a small set of discs called winks lying on a surface usually a flat mat. Players use a larger disc to pop a wink into flight by pressing down on one side of the wink.

I used to play this game all the time with my sisters and my Dad was quite the champion at it.




There is even a North American Tiddlywinks organization that can be found at http://www.tiddlywinks.org/

While I was discussing tiddlywinks at beadFX, Rosemary piped up to watch out for winking tiddlies... and of course we lost ourselves to a giggle fit!

1 comment:

  1. Stephanie, remind me to send you a pic of the bracelet I made with...yep, Tiddlywinks! :D

    ReplyDelete