Friday, August 20, 2010

Ring Smackdown




One of my most popular classes is The Dixon Chick Bling Ring. A variety of rings using Swarovski Elements are made with 22 gauge non tarnish silver wire. For these rings, you can also use 20 gauge nts. Once you get the basics of working with a mandrel and how to create a basic form, you're pretty much off and running.



At Bead and Button 2010, my fellow CREATE YOUR STYLE with Swarovski Elements Ambassador, Debra Saucier, and I were scheduled to demo at the E.H. Ashley booth. We decided to demo rings together. I called it the Ring Smackdown. Debra made a ring, then tapped me with her mandrel and it was my turn. We must have made about 15 rings. There was a nice crowd watching and some of superstars of the jewelry world even stopped by!! Nothing like pressure when Sherry Serafini and Denise Peck are watching!!


We had such a fun time that the gang at E.H. Ashley hopes we do it again next year. I hope so too!! They have such great products. Custom coated Swarovski Elements and filigree balls encrusted with crystals. They are a wholesale only company, but that doesn't stop you from checking out their website and begging your local bead store to carry the product. (That's what I do, right Marg?)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment: