Monday, October 17, 2011

Creativ Festival Fall 2011

I've just arrived back in town from a successful trip to Guelph where I had a booth at the Grand River Bead Society Fair. It was wonderful to see so many familiar faces and to meet new people who share my passion for all things sparkly. Crystal Clay, crystals from the Swarovski Elements collection and bezel settings were flying out of my booth at record speed! A special thank you to Maryanne Walczak for all her extraordinary help this help: chauffeur, sales woman extraordinaire and butt kicker when needed. You should see her work a price gun!

Now my focus turns to the Creativ Festival which starts on Wednesday, October 19. I am teaching four classes and three make and takes! It still amazes me that I am teaching at this awesome Canadian event, as I have been an attendee for many years, even before I started making jewellery. My first crafty love is crochet and I also did cross stitch for years.I have also been known to sew my own clothes and made some pretty cute outfits for my son when he was a baby.  I'm pretty much an all-around crafty chica and this is my absolute favourite show.

Two of my classes are sold out:


313c6Wed 12:30Fundamentals in Wirework - Stephanie Dixon
315c3Fri 1:00Crystal Clay Quartet - Stephanie Dixon


But there is limited space available in another two:


314c3Thu 1:00Crystal Crochet Cuff - Stephanie Dixon



Create this hot off the runway look cuff that you can wear 365 days a year!
Learn the technique of crocheting with wire incorporating of 250 SWAROVSKI ELEMENTS.
You won't believe you made it.
Pre-requisite: able to crochet a swatch of the single crochet stitch.




305c3        Thu 5:00         Starry Starry Night - Stephanie Dixon and Laura Timmons

This is the necklace that Laura and I taught on the CREATE YOUR STYLE  cruise in April 2011! Learn the crochet wire technique from two industry experts as you create this stunning necklace while playing with some very unique SWAROVSKI ELEMENTS, traditionally not found in jewellery designs. Work with Swarovski Cupchains, Chaton bandings and over 35 of the latest innovations and colours. This technique will not only sparkle your imagination but also embellish your creativity!

I really hope you will come to the Creativ Festival to check out all the fabulous vendors, take advantage of free seminars and make and takes, and be inspired by the latest trends in the craft world.

Sparklingly yours,
Stephanie



No comments:

Post a Comment