Sunday, August 04, 2013

Beady Vacation



Just arrived back in Canada from a week's vacation in New York. The vacation isn't over yet, as it's a long weekend here in Toronto, celebrating Simcoe Day. 

I spent a great week with my hubby and son at my Aunt's house in the foothills of the Adirondacks. Kayaking around the pond, speedboating, tubing, waterskiing. Okay... I didn't tube or waterski, but my son and hubby did... Much to my amusement. 


One of the highlights was a visit from Jennifer VanBenschoten, who is the editor of Beading Daily. We spent a great day beading. 

I'd been struggling to decide which odd count peyote technique to try, there are a surprising number of ways to do it out there. Luckily Jennifer made it all seem so easy for me. Thanks!!!




Spool envy... Mine is a measly 125 yards. Jennifer's is 1,500!!!

I also worked on some felting with the merino rovings available from beadFX. 



They will be embellished with seedbeads and Swarovski Elements, of course!!

Speaking of Swarovski, I have a new series of pieces that incorporate batik fabric, Dakota Stones, Parawire and Swarovski Elements. 


Rose Gold 2X and Fuschia Crazy Lace Agate with Rose Gold Parawire


More Fuschia Crazy Lace Agate, Rose Gold 2X Swarovski Elements with the addition of Volcano! I love how well the Volcano goes with the pink. 

 
Here is some Swarovski 18pp cupchain wrapped around red silk from Taipei with matte black onyx, natural crystal nuggets and 8mm Swarovski Elements bicones in Jet Hematite 2X. 

Hope you are enjoying your summer!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment