Friday, August 08, 2008

On vacation

Hello all,

Zoinks - life can get away from you when least expect it. I always wanted to be a blogger, but with my last post being May 2007 - I think I had better try harder!

I am on vacation this week and next from my J.O.B. in the Department of Film at York University. I have been working there just over a year and at the university for 21 years. Started out as a work study student and got a full time job after second year. Not many people can say that they have worked for the same company for 20 years anymore, let alone 5, 10 or 15. I am quite proud of this.

My vacation started with attending Stitch and Pitch with the Toronto Blue Jays on Tuesday. Went with my dear old friend Astra, who organized a group of ten going down. Ok - 8 only showed up...grrr...KJ!!!!!! I had a blast altough it was raining out and the dome was closed. It was sweltering in there! Everyone received a bag with the Blue Jay logo and some yarn and patterns in it. Quite nice. I was working on a new design for my wire bead crochet class coming up at the Toronto Bead Society's Fall Fair - a bracelet.

No comments:

Post a Comment