Monday, September 15, 2008

Class at beadfx

I was supposed to teach my first class at beadFX on September 13, but received a call from Jennifer Tough, owner of beadFX asking me to hold a special class to teach her staff the week before. We had a blast!!!! There were hookers in one room and flamers in the other. Check out what they had to say in their blog:
http://beadfx.blogspot.com/2008/09/stephanie-dixon-class.html

The class I taught on Saturday, Sept. 13 was Wire Bead Crochet Basics. There were 11 (count 'em 11) people in the class. Luckily, my favourite assistant, Cynthia Fawcett, was available to help me out. Two of the gals in the class, Judy and Colleen, travelled all the way from Cobourg to take the course. It was Judy's birthday and she was properly feted with her very own tiara and a slightly off key version of Happy Birthday. I am sure it was a birthday she will never forget. A big thank you to Colleen, the bee beader, for the honey! As I have come down with a cold - this is the only thing that I am living on.

Here are some pics from the class:




Stephanie and Judy - aka the Birthday Girl


I was so thrilled that everyone was able to complete the project during the 3 hour class. They didn't believe at first when I told them! A special shout out to Christine for finishing in under an hour and half!

It was also fabulous to have Elizabeth Meneguzzi in the class. For those of you that didn't know, she was my son Declan's teacher last year. I had absolutely no idea that was going to be there - so it was quite a shock/thrill. I am going to teach a teacher??? Mrs. M was a great student and her necklace was gorgeous - everyone's was. Thanks Elizabeth, for showing us the venetian glass you bought in VENICE!!!! Can you say JEALOUS!!!

I am now thinking of ways that we can organize a class trip to Venice... any takers???? tee hee!

No comments:

Post a Comment