Some of my volunteering escapades have been:
- Being the Century 21 bear for the Picton Fair in the late 80's. I shared this honour with my sister Laurie. Note: If you are ever a mascot - do not eat red licorice and then hop into the costume - it gives you REALLY bad breath!
- Organizing an aerobics-a-thon
- Organizing a silent auction
- Member of committee organizing a weekend of festivities for the 40th anniversary of McLaughlin College at York University - my alma mater
- Community parent on North York Board of Health's Breastfeeding Coalition
- Member of Catholic School Advisory Committee
- Volunteer for The Corsage Project
- Demonstrating jewellery techniques at the Creative Festival
- Teaching children at summer camp how to crochet
- Volunteer Coordinator, Toronto Bead Society
Here I am at the Gala dinner with former Residence Secretary, Pam Montoute
Declan started volunteering and organizing in Grade 1, when he started a Frog Club at school. Here we are the Creative Festival demonstrating different techniques. Declan is doing Chain Maille and I am doing Wire Bead Crochet.
If you can not donate money, donating your TIME can have an even greater impact. I challenge you all to volunteer for something this year. I'd love to hear what sort of volunteering you already do.