Friday, August 28, 2009

New Class Schedule

I know you have been chomping at the bit! Here they are - my classes for September and October. All these classes are happening at beadFX. Remember if you can't make these classes, you can always come over to my place for private lessons. A peek at my bead stash is included free of charge!!! You will also be ignored by Kerry, our pureblood Persian cat. How fun is that?

I will not be teaching on Sundays this Fall as my son Declan is playing football and his games are on Sundays. He is playing with the North York Grizzlies. Look at that mohawk! No, I did not know that he and his dad had planned that - but I have to admit, he looks good!

Wednesday, September 16 6:30 - 8:30
The Dixon Chick Bling Ring

I love teaching this class and well I have so much fum making these rings myself! Make one for every finger. In this class, you will learn how to make rings using a mandrel, learn how to make professional wire wraps and the importance of excellent tools. See my blog on Xuron Tools. We'll be using a HUGE assortment of glass beads - every colour under the sun! We'll also use semi-precious gems and stones. And for the piece de resistance some Crystallized Swarovski Elements. You will definitely need a fancy place to go after class wearing these rings!!! Christmas is just around the corner - why not bring a list of the ring sizes of people on your gift list!

Saturday, September 26
a double dose of The Dixon Chick!

A full day of fun, if you want! Sign up for both classes and you will receive a special gift from me!
10:30-1:30 Multistrand Crochet Necklace
This is open to all levels - no crochet experience necessary - I will teach you all you need to know. Many colourways to choose from. We'll be working with a wide variety of beads - from seed beads up to 10 mm or larger - loads of beads in these puppies!

2:30 -5:30: The Crochet Cuff
For this one, it definitely cuts down on the frustration factor if you can crochet a swatch in the single crochet stitch - but I have had students who have never crocheted who have completed it! For this class, if you e-mail me that you have signed up, I will create a bead soup of your favourite colours just for you!



Wednesday, October 14 6:30-9:30
Wire Bead Crochet Basics

The original Dixon Chicks class -this is the necklace that started the craze!
Wednesday, October 28 6:30-9:30
Turquoise Lustre Blooms Necklace

These is THE pattern for fashion forward gals! There are two other colourways available:

Morning Glory: rich, sunburst, happy colours of yellow, orange and red

Midnight Garden: mysterious and sexy midnight black, deep purples and blues with a touch here and there of aurora borealis finish

1 comment: