Sunday, August 12, 2012

My Coal Fueled Computer

After many months of swearing at my computer because it is so slow, i think the time has come to put it out of it's misery.

On Friday, I was in the middle of some very important paperwork when it froze and basically said I'm done.

I knew there was a problem when I couldn't play any Facebook games as it was just too much for the computer to handle. Not that I do that a lot.

I bought my Xplio 1010E in 2005. Technology changes so fast that it was basically obsolete the moment I brought it home and unpacked it. I came loaded with Microsoft Office and I think that not only will I need a new computer, but all the necessary software too. $$$$$$$

So now the hard part starts.
Laptop or desktop?
Apple or PC?


Any suggestions would be most helpful. I know there are lots of back to school sales on right now, but I don't know where to start.

Luckily, I have my iPhone from which I'm posting right now. But it's a 3G and is obsolete now too.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone


  1. I can't advise you on what to get, but I use open source software instead of the Microsoft office stuff. I've got equivalents of Powerpoint, Excel and Word. And they are free. Apache OpenOffice

  2. Once you go Mac.....

    Things just work.