Monday, October 08, 2012

Crystal Bangle

Sometimes you come across a beading pattern that makes your heart sing.


"My Heart Sings" Mixed Media Art by Rachelle Hartley
"My Heart Sings" Mixed Media Art by Rachelle Hartley





















I found that pattern on Gwen Fisher and Florence Turnour's website, www.beadinfinitum.com.

Crystal Bangle made with filled net stitch
 
© 2005 Gwen Fisher and Florence Turnour

The pattern for this exquisite bangle is available for FREE on their website.
http://www.beadinfinitum.com/Kits/index.html#Crystal_Bangle

I made a bracelet of this last night using 4mm Swarovski rounds in White Opal AB and size 11/0's and 15/0's in Galvanized Silver. I audibly gasped on row 3 as it all pulled together. It's like a magic trick, you won't believe your eyes. The architecture of this piece is amazing and you will know what I mean when you make it for yourself.















And I encourage you all to make it. This bracelet is deceptively easy to make and you will create an heirloom piece that will be a coveted piece for years to come.

Why does this piece make my heart sing? It's because you can change the beads used in many different ways to achieve endless combinations. You can use 4mm Swarovski crystal bicones, 4mm Swarovski pearls, 4mm Czech Fire Polish or any 4mm round beads. You can use one colour throughout, or how about one row of colour A and another row of colour B? I am currently working on one that has three different 4mm Swarovski bicones per row and they are starting to spiral as I make it. I'm using Crystal, Provence Lavender and Tanzanite with Steel and Antiqued Silver tones of 15/0's and 11/0's.















I'm making mine as bracelets that will have magnetic clasps, as the width of my hand is just too big for a bangle to sit nicely on my wrist. I wonder what it would look like if I used 2.8 mm drops in place of the 11/0's.... I better finish this purple toned one first. And I have all day to play today as it's Thanksgiving here in Canada. My husband is off golfing and my son is coaching football.


Happy Thanksgiving Day to my fellow Canadians! I am thankful for so much in my life: a wonderful husband, the best son in the world, loving family, great friends, a job I love and the opportunities that being a Create Your Style with Swarovski Elements Ambassador has brought to me.

I am thankful that you, gentle reader, took the time to visit my blog today.


6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! Thank you for the great post! I'm so glad you enjoyed this pattern and the bangle you made. It makes my heart sing too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK so when is the class??? LOL I want to make that one also.
    Bernadette

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a free pattern available from www.beadinfinitum.com. I really can't teach someone's pattern without permission, Bernadette.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, just a moment back I was searching for the information on the same topic and now I am here. So much information, really well executed blog. This is really informative and I will for sure refer my friends the same. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the shout out, Stephanie! Your bangle is very pretty. Maybe you'll get a pair of matching earrings?! :) -Florence

    ReplyDelete