Thursday, September 18, 2008

Bead Oasis Prep

Ok, so I am home after a long day.... worked at my j.o.b., picked up Declan, came home, grabbed a suitcase full of jewellery, hit Wendy's for take-out, Staples for receipts, and hopped on the subway to have a leisurely dinner on my way to the Metro Convention Centre to get the Toronto Bead Society booth ready for the big opening of the Bead Oasis tomorrow.

Sounds busy, I know.

I was all keyed up and ready to get everything in place as I have to work at my j.o.b. tomorrow and can't attend the B.O..... I forgot how long it takes to get to the south building of the convention centre. I left home at 6:30 and by the time I actually stepped foot into the hall - it was 7:45. That didn't seem bad to me as we had until 9:00 pm to set up.... or so I thought. They cut it short - we had to be out of there at 8:00!

Freak out!

So, obviously, didn't get as much done as expected.

Guess who gets to be there at 7:00 am to finish the set-up?

Yep - the Volunteer Coordinator - and that's me!

God bless Kim and her hubby John for being there and doing some stuff and to Sue as well, who is keeper of the screens.

Tomorrow is looking just as busy as today.

Get up at 5:00 am to leave the house at 6:00 to get downtown for 7:00 am.

Declan has a soccer practice at 8:20 am. Tim will have to take care of that.

Get back up north to Keele and Steeles for my job at 8:30 am.

Work until 4:30.

Pick up Declan.

Go home and eat.

Get changed for softball - Markham Women's Slopitch League.

Declan and I head to Markham for an 8:30 pm game.

Last game of the regular season - drinks after.

I think I am going to slightly wiped out.

No comments:

Post a Comment