Monday, October 06, 2008

Another Super Class at beadFX

Another 8 wire bead crochet necklaces were born on Sunday, October 5 at beadFX! The Wire Bead Crochet Basics class was a hit with 8 participants.
Here are some shots of the "hookers" in action:
Heather and Jen
Ann and Marlene
I have to send a special shout out to these two fabulous women. If it wasn't for Ann and Marlene, I would not be teaching wire bead crochet today and spreading the love of this technique. At the Spring TBS Bead Fair, I had my very first booth showcasing my creations. These ladies went absolutely berserk for the necklaces and wanted to learn how they could do it to. As the day went on more and more women were so intrigued by the wire bead crochet and kept asking when would I be teaching. Ann and Marlene came by later in the day to remind me that they wanted to learn! My first newsletter went out in September and they signed up right away. When I saw them walk into the classroom yesterday, I almost cried, because I owe these women so much. When you are at a bead fair/craft fair/convention - you never if you what you say to an artist may change their life....it happened to me and I will be forever grateful.
Florence and Marianne
Michi and Jan
The ever fabulous - Cynthia Fawcett - of Cynful Creations - you should read her blog too!

Jen and her finished Emeralds and Sapphires necklace

Marlene and her Starry Night necklace
(sorry about the closed eyes, Marlene!!!)
Jan and her Starry Night necklace Ann and her Topaz Temptation necklace
Heather and her Starry Night necklace
Heather and I went to York University and lived in the same residence, McLaughlin College. We had many a good time at the Cock N'Bull. Heather signed up for this class after we reconnected on Facebook. It was as if no time had passed at all - and I won't tell you how many years ago our first year university was!!! We went out for dinner after the class to St. Louis Bar and Grill, where my friend Roy works. Roy wasn't there, so Heather and I took over his bartending duties. NOT!

It was a wonderful day.

Thank you to all who enjoyed the day with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment