Thursday, November 27, 2008

The Wait is Over...

For those of you who were wondering - where did the Dixon Chick go? Well, here I am. Shortly after my last post on Canadian Thanksgiving, my computer's power supply went the way of the dodo bird. This was very disconcerting to say the least. I chalk it up to "The Curse of the Volunteer Coordinator". Apparently, the same thing happened to Kimberly Harris when she was the Volunteer Coordinator for the Toronto Bead Society.

My last post was entitled: Busy, Busy, Busy. And it is still true - but I thought I would provide some updates.
My name is Mommy: the last post started with the Marlies game that Declan and I went to. Well, as season ticket holders - we go to them all. There was another one last night - a very special one for us. I organized a group of 70 kids from Grades 6, 7 and 8 and teachers from St. Antoine Daniel to go down to the school day game yesterday. When booking the tickets with my sales rep, Darryl, I asked if they had chosen the minor hockey player that carries the Marlies flag onto the ice and skates around with it. They had not - so of course, I suggested Declan. And he was chosen as the McKid! It is hosted by McDonald's and the group sits in the McDonald's zone. It was a great experience for both Declan, his dad and myself. He got to greet the players as they came off the ice, right in front of the dressing room. They high fived him, smacked his pads with their sticks and generally had a fun time with him.







I also went to the Bahamas with some fabulous gals from my softball league. There will be many a post on that trip - but here is a pic or two to whet your appetite:

Beading: Well tomorrow is going to be quite exciting! I am off to John Bead for their warehouse sale. Shopping again you say? Perhaps, but they have asked me to demo my wire bead crochet technique with the new expanded line of 26 gauge Artistic Wire that they are carrying. Christine, Lynda and I have been hatching some ideas and I can not wait to reveal the new design this weekend. All I can say is HOLY BLING MOLEY!!!! Think Preciosa....
All will be revealed...
MWAAAHAHAHAHAHA!

PS. A special shout out to Cynthia Fawcett - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! (tomorrow)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the birthday wishes and I am SO glad to see you are blogging again! Hope those computer gremlins will leave you alone forevermore! xoxo

    ReplyDelete